How to create or modify notes and actions with students
These instructions show you how to create or modify appointments and/or actions with your student(s)
Select the student
- Select the "Notes" tab
- Click on the "blue plus" in the Notes screne. A new screen will open, called 'Notes details'
"Notes details" screen
- Fill the contents field (if applicable)
- Allow or disallow visibility for student in the checkbox before "Contents visible for student". If this setting is enabled, the student will receive automatic notification of this note by email.
- Fill the decision field (if applicable)
- Allow or disallow visibility for student in the checkbox before "Decision visible for student"
- If you click on the blue plus, you can add a subject(s) to your note (see next step in these instructions)
- If you click on the blue plus, you can add an attachment
- In the "Note is" drop down box, you can set the confidentiality level of your note.
- The supervisor does not receive an automatic notification email like the student does. If you would like to send an email about this note to the supervisor as well, you can do this by clicking on this link. Then select the supervisor and click once again on "notification supervisor"
Adding subject(s) to your note
To add subjects to your note, a number of standard subjects and subtopics have been defined. By selecting the subject (here ADE-SCC), a list of subtopics for you to choose from will appear automatically. You will be required to add one subject and one subtopic.
- Select a subject
- Select a subtopic
- Click [Select]
You will now automatically return to the Notes details. You can see that the subject and its subtopic have been added to the note.
Notes details incl. subject and subtopic
- Click [Save]
Adding an appointment
- In the "Notes" tab, click on the "blue plus" to add an appointment.
"Appointments/action items details" screen
- Fill the fields of Date, Action, Contents and make your choice for the settings "Completed" and "Visible for student".
- Click [Save] to save the appointment and stay in the screen or click [Save and close] to save the appointment and return to the "Notes" tab.